I have multiple food allergies, and so on busy evenings my favorite recipes are simple, quick and delicious.
When I look online for recipes, anytime the ingredient list gets over about 5, I know I am going to have most likely omit things. So this is my take on black bean and sweet potato burritos. There are tons of recipes out there, this is my 5 ingredient version, all with things I can eat.
Serves 1 person, with leftovers for the next evening.
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 c. black beans, drained and rinsed
2 corn tortillas (I used gluten-free corn, you could also do other varieties).
pinch of salt
a bit of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a sheet pan, coat with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. (For quick clean-up, I line the pan with foil).
- Put in the oven for about 20 minutes (stir at the 10 minute mark). They are done when fork tender.
- During that second, ten minute stretch, warm up the beans (I used the microwave for about 20 seconds).
- Warm up the tortillas. (I put a damp paper towel on top of two, and warmed them up for 30 seconds in the microwave).
- Top the tortillas with sweet potatoes and beans, roll up and eat!
You could also choose to top them with whatever you have on hand!
My only regret is I didn’t get a picture before the food was inhaled. There is always next time.